Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lomo-fied

You know me, every now and then I like to give my photo a twist. The subject is a part of WWII memorial which I haven't published before. Applying the Lomo effect , with a hint of lights on the faces, i think has deepen the emotions of the statues on my photo.

Tutorial
To those who are interested, to achieve the crumpled paper effect. Firstly, scan a piece of crumpled A4 on your scanner. Next, in PS or Gimp apply multiply and merge your photo with scanned paper. Finally, finished off with lomo effect.

12 comments:

Olivier said...

La statue est tres belle, et puis bravo,l'effet est superbe, je note cela sur mon petit carnet à spirale


The statue is very beautiful, and then cheer, the effect is superb, I note that on my small notebook with spiral

Kris said...

Olivier,
will you?
i'll look forward to the result of your work!

Jazzy said...

it looks great but in a way very creepy, well done K!

Anonymous said...

Interesting photograph. Different in color too.
720 pixels

Kala said...

sheeeesh another skill I need to learn - very kewl!!! I like! I will have to try this once I can get a scanner!! I didnt even realize you did a photoshop!

~tanty~ said...

Sounds too difficult for me :( but you did a good job with this photo Kris. Very nice.

maiylah said...

interesting result, Kris!

Unknown said...

wow, all the trouble to get us a beautiful view.

kris, you're the best! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a moving memorial. Great effect.

Dsole said...

and the result is quite good!

photowannabe said...

I like the colored textures with this treatment. I don't have a scanner to try this.

Kris said...

Hello, guys!
scanner is cheap these days, if you like experimenting with your photos, its worth the investment :)

kala,
huh? isnt it too obvious ? lol!

thank you all for your visits!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...